One of the many, many things I remember as a child was seeing and hearing my parents pray for me. Now as an adult with five married children I pray for each family on a particular day each week. Below, are 12 suggested prayers to pray for your children and, if you have them as I do, your grandchildren.
1. Pray that they will come to know Christ at a young age. Ecclesiastes 12:1, “Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them…”
2. Pray for quick conviction of sin and that their sins be found out. Numbers 32:23, “But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.”
3. Pray that they would be humble and willing to receive instruction. Proverbs 1:8-9, “My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: (9) For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.”
4. Pray that they will have a love for God's Word and accept it as the standard of Truth. Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
5. Pray that they will be protected from evil, body, soul, and spirit. John 17:15. Matt 6:13
6. Pray that they would be free of the need for people's approval and be willing to stand alone. Gal 1:10, Daniel 1:8
7. Pray that they will value wisdom and make wise choices. Proverbs 4:5-7
8. Pray that they will learn to submit to God. James 4:7
9- Pray for a faith that demonstrates itself in action and hard work. II Peter 1:5-8, Colossians 3:23
10. Pray that they would have godly friendships and be protected from ungodly ones. Proverbs 1:10,”My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.”
11. Pray for meaningful, lifelong relationships with their siblings. Romans 12:10, “Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another…”
12. Pray for their future spouse. Proverbs 18:22, “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”
There is name that I love to hear, a name I love to sing about
I love the name of Jesus because it brings to me
The blessed news of pardon, by way of Calvary.
It tells of how He suffered for sins, not His, but mine;
He bore their awful judgment in wondrous love divine.
I love the name of Jesus, God's precious holy Son,
For He has bought my pardon; my soul from sin has won.
In love beyond all measure, in boundless grace to me,
He bore my sins' dark sentence upon the cruel tree.
I love Him, yes, I love Him, because He first loved me,
With love far deeper, broader, than the widest, deepest sea.
I know I cannot love Him as much as He loved me.
But I love Him, yes, I love Him – Christ who died for me.
Make sure the thing you’re living for is worth dying for. There's no better book with which to defend the Bible than the Bible itself.
In His Amazing Grace,
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..