Over the 53 years in the ministry I have come across 1000’s of quotes and sayings from many, many sources. I have them in sermons, the Weekly SERMON cover letter, church bulletins and for my own edification. Within the next four Weekly SERMON cover letters I will share some of these and trust they will be a blessing to you. I hope these first five will put a smile on your face.
In a Sunday school class, a pastor asked a young boy, “What is the Trinity?” The boy had a soft voice and answered quietly, “The Trinity is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.” The pastor leaned forward and said, “I’m sorry, I didn’t understand what you said.” To which the bright young man replied, “You’re not supposed to – it’s a mystery!”
Dear Pastor, my father says I should learn the Ten Commandments. But I don’t think I want to because we have enough rules already in my house.
Dear Pastor, I liked your sermon on Sunday, especially when you finished.
A father was walking past his daughter’s room one night when he saw her kneeling beside her bed with head bowed and hands folded repeating the alphabet. “What are you doing?” he asked her. She explained, “I’m saying my prayers, but I couldn’t think of just what I wanted to say, so I’m just saying all the letters of the alphabet, and God can put them together, however He thinks best.”
1. When you know you need to pray, but don’t know what to say, begin by thanking the Holy Spirit for going before you to the throne of grace. – Romans 8:26
2. When you meet Christians who are strangers, give them the right hand of fellowship. There’s nothing wrong with enjoying a taste of eternal unity right here on earth. – I Corinthians 12:13
3. To the degree that you are “out of control,” consider whether that is the degree to which the Spirit is not filling your heart and mind with His presence. – Proverbs 25:28
4. The highway of our heritage has been paved with the blood of martyrs.
5. Prayer does not need proof; it needs practice of which our churches in America need more.
6. You can find the world’s shortest sermon on a thousand traffic signs: “Keep Right.”
7. I have never met a man who has given me as much trouble as myself. – D.L. Moody
8. It is a good idea to give all your excuses a decent burial, but it is all the wiser if you don’t mark the grave.
9. Every father should remember that one day his children will follow his example instead of his advice.
10. It is not great talent that God blesses so much as great likeness to Jesus!
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..