With Christmas 2018 now close at hand, let me give voice to my thoughts on this theme.
1. I love Christmas because it celebrates Christ! I'm well aware that a lot of people go about it wrongly and leave Christ out. That doesn't mean that you and I have to follow them. Christmas is supposed to recognize the birth of Christ and honor Him on His birthday. I plan to do that at all the services on Christmas Eve – December 24.
2. I love Christmas for the Bible accounts of Jesus' birth! I will read them, teach them and preach them with delight and with zeal. Preaching Jesus should be a big deal anytime, and it should be done with the fire of God burning in our souls!
3. I love Christmas because of the music of Christmas! So much great music is written on the themes of Christmas. There is absolutely no rationale, no legitimate reason, for using the worldly entertainment craze.
4. I love Christmas because I love the giving of Christmas! I love to give, and I'm happy to receive. Both giving and receiving are blessings, but giving is a bigger blessing than receiving (Acts 20:35).
5. I love Christmas because I love family time at Christmas! When our family gathers we will read the scriptures, sing, fellowship, exchange gifts and eat together.
6. I love Christmas because I love the greetings of Christmas! Every day during December, I look forward to the arrival of the mail. The cards and notes from friends are encouraging, uplifting and heartwarming.
7. I love Christmas because I love the message of Christ! I saved the best till last, but let's be sure that we keep it first and foremost throughout the Christmas season. Here it is again from:
Matthew 1:21-23, “'And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. (22) Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, (23) Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.”
John 1:14, “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”
That's the message! So amazing is that verse found in John 3:16, "God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
Yes, I love Christmas; and I trust you will as well. Amen! So from our home to yours we wish you a Very Merry Christmas looking forward to a Blessed new year in 2019.
In His Amazing Grace,
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..