Being Spirit Filled every day is Absolutely Essential if we Expect to Finish Well
Bible Study Objectives:
1. To remind us that every Christian is filled with himself/herself or filled with the Spirit: Ephesians 5:18, I Corinthians 3:3
2. To remind us that most Christians are like Solomon, they make decisions with zero input from God: Ecclesiastes 2:1-11
3. To remind us that if we fail at home then we have failed regardless of any career success: Ephesians 5:18-33, 6:1-18
4. To remind us that being Spirit filled is essential for great relationships with spouse/children/others: Ephesians 5:18-6:18
5. To remind us that speech – behavior indicate if a person is under the influence of alcohol or the Spirit: Ephesians 4:1-6:18
What God Expects Of Spirit Filled People:
1. God expects us to make conclusions about others by observing the fruit that every person produces: Matthew 7:16-20
2. God expects us to know that as water is either sweet – bitter so is the heart – soul of man: James 3:8-18, Matthew 15:19
3. God expects us to have a truthful –thankful- encouraging-kind – loving -building-up mouth: Ephesians 4:1-32, 5:1-33, 6:1-18
4. God expects us to have a mouth that is not known for lying – complaining – boasting – slandering – profaning: Ephesians 4:29-31
5. God expect us to be righteous – obedient- good- courageous- gentle- disciplined with a servant attitude: Colossians 3:8-25
6. God expects us to never engage in behaviors like adultery – drunkenness – stealing – disobedience – rebellion: Galatians 5:19-21
7. God expects us to exude with love – joy –peace – patience – goodness – faithfulness – forgiveness – self-control: Ephesians 5:1-2
8. God expects us to make every decision by careful aligning our behavior with God’s Word: II Corinthians 10:5, Proverbs 4:23
9. God expects us continually pray for our friends/neighbors/family members/leaders/officials: Job 1:5, I Timothy 2:1-5
10. God expects us to know that He is not at all pleased when we are not filled with the Spirit: Romans 8:8, Hebrews 12:5-11
11. God expects us to know that walking in the flesh will result in broken/dysfunctional relationships: Hebrews 12:15-17
12. God expects us to know that being Spirit filled is essential to successfully execute the roles of life: Psalms 37:25, 92:14
Bible Study Summary:
1. Spirit-filled people in humility and submission daily seek the infilling needed in order to finish well: Psalms 19:14
2. Spirit-filled people examine themselves and allow God to also examine for spiritual health: Psalms 139:23, II Corinthians 13:5
3. Spirit-filled people are a joy to be around because they refresh – encourage us and avoid depressing us: II Timothy 1:16
Without Him I could do nothing, without Him I’d surely fail. Without Him I would be drifting, like a ship without a sail. Without Him I could be dying, without Him I’d be enslaved, without Him life would be hopeless but with Jesus, thank God I’m saved. Jesus, oh Jesus do you know Him today, do not turn Him away, oh Jesus, oh Jesus, without Him, how lost I would be. John 15:5 Mylon LeFevre, 1966
The path that I have trod, has brought me nearer God, though often it led through sorrows gates. Though not the way I’d choose, in my own way I’d lose, the joy that yet for me awaits. The cross that I must bear, if I a crown would wear, is not the cross that I would take. But since on me it’s laid, I’ll take it unafraid; and bear it for the Master’s sake.
Submission to the will, of Him who loves me still, is surety of His love revealed. My soul shall rise above this world in which I move; I conquer only when I yield. Not what I wish to be, nor where I wish to go. For who am I that I should choose my way. The Lord will choose for me, it’s better far I know, so let Him bid me go; or stay.
The Above lesson was written by Tommy Dowling
a Sunday School Teacher for over 40 years.
If God has spoken to your heart after reading the sermon "Being Spirit Filled Every Day" right now talk to God about what He has spoken to you.
Do you have the assurance that one day you will go to heaven? If you have no assurance that you know Jesus Christ, then I trust you will decide to accept Him as your personal Savior. The Bible tells us in Acts 16:31, “…Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved…” Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
In His Amazing Grace,
PS: In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS ONLY have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..