1. I Am Your FLAG: I have been kicked, trampled, burned, and shot full of holes. I have fought battles, but I prefer the untroubled of a world at peace. I am your Flag. I represent the freedom of humanity, and I shall fly high, thundering in silence for the whole world to hear. My gentle rustling in the breeze sounds out the warning to all who would bury me forever that below stands a population dedicated to liberty. For those who have perished for my right to freedom’s flight, for those who will die, and indeed for those who will live, I stand as a symbol of freedom-loving people.
I have been carried into battle in faraway lands, always for the cause of freedom. I am blood-stained, torn, and many times wearied and saddened by the thousands who have paid the supreme sacrifice. Do not let it all be for nothing. Tell me the brave have died for a worthwhile cause. Be proud of what I represent and display me for all to see. Whether you call me "Old Glory," "Stars and Stripes," "Star-Spangled Banner," I shall fly forever as a symbol of your freedom, as I did for your ancestors and shall for your heirs. – James Fillmore
2. America's Founding Fathers
Benjamin Franklin: "…God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"
George Washington: "It is impossible to govern rightly without God and the Bible."
Thomas Jefferson: "Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?"
Abraham Lincoln: “I believe the Bible is the best gift God has given to man… But for this Book, we could not know right from wrong.”
3. God's View and Man's View: How lightly sin is spoken of! Look at the drama; look at the popular literature of the day; look at the gloss that is thrown over it and the veneer which hides it!
Men say it is an accident; God says it is a deliberate act.
Men say it is a blunder; God says it is blindness.
Men say it is chance; God says it is choice.
Men say it is destiny; God says it is determination.
Men say it is heredity; God says it is a habit.
Men say it is fatalism; God says it is a fault.
Men say it is a mistake; God says it is a missing of the mark.
Men say it is an infirmity; God says it is an iniquity.
Men say it is a weakness; God says it is willfulness.
Men say it is a trifle; God says it is a transgression.
Men say it is a slip; God says it is a sin.
4. Without morals, a republic cannot subsist any length of time; they therefore, who are decrying the Christian religion, whose morality is so sublime and pure (and) which insures to the good eternal happiness, are undermining the solid foundation of morals – the best security for the duration of free governments. – Charles Carroll – signer of the Declaration of Independence
5. Safety is not found in the absence of danger but in the presence of God.
In His Amazing Grace,
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..