An Excellent Marriage is IMPOSSIBLE
without an Excellent Husband
Bible Study Objectives:
1. To remind you that an excellent marriage exists when both spouses pursue excellence: I Samuel 25:1-3
2. To remind you that marriages never coast into excellence, excellent behavior is intentional: Daniel 1:8, 6:3
3. To remind you that disobedience is sin and sin has bad consequences: James 4:17, Psalms 66:18, Psalms 81:10-16
4. To remind you that to tolerate/embrace sin is to invite destruction into your life and your home: Hosea 4:1-6
Excellent/Extremely Good Husbands Know The Following:
1. A wise husband knows that his spouse can never be the source of happiness: John 13:17, Genesis 2:18, Exodus 20:3
2. A wise husband knows that obedience brings blessings, disobedience brings cursing: Deuteronomy 11:26, Malachi 3:10
3. A wise husband knows that God expects him to be the head/leader of his family: Ephesians 6:23, I Corinthians 11:3
4. A wise husband knows that it is impossible to succeed without being filled with the Spirit: Ephesians 5:18, John 15:5
5. A wise husband knows that real love is a behavior and not just a feeling: Ephesians 5:33, John 14:15, Revelations 3:19
6. A wise husband knows that he is to model excellence in his daily behavior: Titus 1:16, 2:6-12, 3:3, Ephesians 4:29-32
7. A wise husband knows that he is not to nag/punish his family into submission: I Corinthians 7:2-5, Ephesians 5:25-6:4
8. A wise husband knows that anger leads to danger and regret: Numbers 20:7-12, Ephesians 4:1-2, 4:14-15, 4:17-31
9. A wise husband knows that he must be careful with his words: James 1:19-20, Judges 11:30-39, Romans 12:14-21
10. A wise husband knows that if he disobeys God, his children often make the same choice: II Samuel 12:10, 18:9-33
Bible Study Summary: If you were on trial for being a good husband would there be enough evidence to convict you?
1. We study the Bible to discover what is right and wrong, how to get right and stay right: II Timothy 3:16
2. We obey the Bible because obedience is the only way for genuine happiness to find us: James 1:22-25
3. We are to carefully examine ourselves and make adjustments if excellence is to find us: II Corinthians 13:5
Read the Bible to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.
It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.
It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword, and the Christian’s constitution. Here paradise is restored, heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed. Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.
It should fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently, prayerfully.
It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, a river of pleasure.
It is given to you in life, will be opened at the judgment and be remembered forever.
It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and condemns all who trifle with its holy contents.
The young should study the Bible to learn how to live life to its fullest and not make the mistakes others have made.
The old should study the Bible to learn how Christians are to finish well and die victoriously.
The ignorant should study the Bible to acquire wisdom.
The proud should study to the Bible to learn about the benefits of humility.
The rich for compassion, the poor for comfort, the weak for strength, the troubled for peace, the sinner for salvation, the doubter for assurance, and all Christians should study the Bible for supernatural intervention and daily guidance necessary to finish well.
The Above lesson was written by Tommy Dowling
a Sunday School Teacher for over 40 years.
If God has spoken to your heart after reading the sermon "An Excellent Marriage is IMPOSSIBLE without an Excellent Husband" right now talk to God about what He has spoken to you.
Do you have the assurance that one day you will go to heaven? If you have no assurance that you know Jesus Christ, then I trust you will decide to accept Him as your personal Savior. The Bible tells us in
Acts 16:31, “…Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved…”
Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
This prayer is here for those who need to ask Jesus to be their personal Savior: “I do want to go to Heaven. I know I am a sinner, and I do believe Jesus Christ died for me. I realize I cannot buy this great salvation, nor can I earn it. Knowing Jesus died on the cross and arose from the grave to pay my sin debt and to purchase my salvation, I do now trust Him as my Savior, and from this moment on I am completely depending on Him for my salvation.”
If you made the decision to accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, please let me know. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com and I will send you some literature that will help you in your Christian life.
Copy write permission: Because the “Weekly SERMON” will be reproduced into other formats, PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING: The “Weekly SERMON” in its original form, without any changes, may be copied and re-transmitted by electronic mail, and copies may be printed for individual or ministry purposes, provided that such copying, re-transmission, printing, or other use is not for profit or other commercial purpose. Any copying, re-transmission, distribution, printing, or other use of the “Weekly SERMON” must set forth in full the heading that is given before each “Weekly SERMON.” Any other request for use, please contact Bible Baptist Ministries at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 570.829.5216.
PS: In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS ONLY have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..