As for the public reading of the Scripture on Father’s day, for years I have used Psalm 112:1-10, “Praise ye the LORD. Blessed is the man that feareth the LORD, that delighteth greatly in his commandments. (2) His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. (3) Wealth and riches shall be in his house: and his righteousness endureth forever. (4) Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous. (5) A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion. (6) Surely he shall not be moved for ever: the righteous shall be in everlasting remembrance. (7) He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD. (8) His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies. (9) He hath dispersed, he hath given to the poor; his righteousness endureth for ever; his horn shall be exalted with honour. (10) The wicked shall see it, and be grieved; he shall gnash with his teeth, and melt away: the desire of the wicked shall perish.”
1. “The TEN MOST WANTED MEN”
1 The man who puts God's business above any other business.
2. The man who brings his children to church rather than sending them.
3. The man who is willing to be the right example to every boy he meets.
4. The man who thinks more of his Sunday school class than his college class/career.
5. The man who measures his giving by what he has left, rather than by the amount he gives.
6. The man who goes to church for Christ's sake rather than for himself or for someone else.
7 The man who has a willing mind rather than a brilliant mind.
8. The man who has a passion to help rather than a passion to be helped.
9. The man who can see his own faults before he sees the faults of others.
10. The man who is more concerned about winning others for Christ than he is about winning worldly honor.
2. “I am in favor of everything the Devil is against and against everything the Devil is in favor of. If you know which side the Devil is on, put me down on the other side anytime.” — Billy Sunday
3. “To have an unforgiving spirit and harbor bitterness only hurts one's self. Hatred is a poison that destroys the vessel in which it's kept.”
4. Something to think about – “If Not, Why Not?”
You call Me Master, and you do not question Me.
You call Me the Light, and you do not look to Me.
You call Me the Way, and you do not follow Me.
You call Me the Truth, and you do not believe Me.
You call Me the Life, and you do not wish for Me.
You call Me the Wise, and you give Me no attention.
You call Me the Everlasting, and you do not seek Me.
You call Me lovely, and you do not love Me.
You call Me rich, and you do not ask for anything.
You call Me merciful, and you do not trust Me.
You call Me almighty, and you do not honor Me.
You call Me righteous and you do not fear Me. — Jesus
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..