Outlines that preach: What is the Bible?
1. The Bible is a mirror and it reflects on man's sin. James 1:23, “For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:”
2. The Bible is a sharp two-edged sword. It cuts to the very heart of man. Hebrews 4:12, “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.”
3. The Bible is a hammer. It can crush the headrest heart. Jeremiah 23:29, “Is not my word like as a …hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?”
4. The Bible is a fire. It can cause the coldest heart to burn with zeal for God. Jeremiah 23:29, “Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD…”
Outlines that preach: How to know that you are DYING SIRITUALY? You are when the story of the cross no longer moves you. Here are EIGHT evidences to consider.
1. You have left your first love – Revelation 2:4, “Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.”
2. The church services bore you – Romans 10:17, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”
3. You have no interest in saving souls – Proverbs 11:30, “The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.”
4. Worldly things attract you more than spiritual things – Romans 8:5-7, “For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. (6) For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (7) Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.”
5. You are fooling yourself – I Corinthians 3:18-20, “Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise. (19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. (20) And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.”
6. By failing to do what you know you should do – James 1:22, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
7. Frequent absences at the worship services – Hebrews 10:25, “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.”
8. No participation in the work of the church – Romans 10:1-3, “Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. (2) For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. (3) For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.”
All I have seen helps me to trust God for what I have not seem
Sometime we are so conscious of God’s wrath against sin that we do not dwell upon nor delight in His mercy.
In His Amazing Grace,
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..