In Job 1:8 we read, “And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and up-right man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?” The words “escheweth evil” is used to describe Job in 1:1, 8 and means “one who has integrity.” Job was a man of integrity. He was a man of character. To become such a person as Job, it is necessary for you to exercise character by living with integrity.
The dictionary definition for character is (1) A person marked by notable qualities or traits of consistency (2) reputation (3) moral excellence and firmness. Someone gave this definition of Christian character as “the subconscious doing of right or moral excellence with firmness and a consistency for Jesus Christ.”
I believe that the need of the hour is for Christian’s to develop Godly character. If Christian character is the subconscious doing of right, then a person must program himself to do right. This may best be said as follows: “If a person is going to subconsciously do right, then he must first consciously do right.” Why is this necessary for a Christian? It is necessary because we are to be a witness to the world.
Matthew 5:13-16, “Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”
I Peter 3:15, “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”
Character is doing RIGHT by REFLEX because of disciplined REPETITION. Here is a Checklist of Personal Safeguards that can help any child of God evaluate their INTEGRITY.
- Have I been totally honest in my dealings with people?
- Have I acted appropriately toward members of the opposite sex?
- Have I indulged in unsavory thoughts or sexual images, or fostered uncharitable feelings
- Have I dressed in a provocative or sensual way?
- Have I been above reproach in my financial dealings?
- Have I fulfilled my obligations without compromise and with a willing spirit?
- Have I worked too long or too hard without evaluating my true motive?
- Have I spent sufficient time with my Heavenly Father, my family and my friends?
- Have I attended to my emotional and spiritual needs, and those of my family by integrating them into my daily walk with God?
- Have I harbored un-forgiven hurts, un-confessed sin or anger, or a bitter spirit?
- Have I given the Lord the pre-eminent place in my life both in prayer and in study of the Bible?
- Have I spent time in the house of God being taught the Word of God in the Sunday and Wednesday services?
- Have I faithfully given of my tithes and offerings unto the Lord?
Let’s begin right now to practice this list of Personal Safeguards which will lead to Godly character and integrity.
In His Amazing Grace,
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..