For those of you who make a daily list of things to do, as I have done for years, here is a list of ten things to place on your DAILY LIST OF SPIRITUAL THINGS TO DO.
1. Spend time with Jesus – Psalm 27:8, “When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek.”
2. Let Him prioritize your day – Matthew 6:33, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
3. Pray instead of worrying – Philippians 4:6-7, “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
4. Be honest about your sins – James 4:10, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.”
5. Think of others – Philippians 2:3-4, “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than themselves. (4) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.”
6. Wait patiently for God to act – Psalm 27:14, “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”
7. Be willing to do hard stuff – Matthew 16:24, "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.”
8 Read God's Word – Psalm 119:9-16, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. (10) With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. (11) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. (12) Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes. (13) With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. (14) I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. (15) I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. (16) I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.”
9. Do what it says – James 1:22, “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”
10. Let Christ lead you – Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. (6) In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.”
Parents and grandparents your children and grandchildren deserve the following:
Your child deserves to hear you pray earnestly and often.
Your child deserves to go to worship and Bible classes with you regularly.
Your child deserves to see you sacrifice for the Lord.
Your child deserves to go with you to visit the sick and bereaved.
Your child deserves to be taught the Bible by you.
Your child deserves to hear you praise the church and her leaders.
Your child deserves to be encouraged by you to seek and obey the truth always.
Your child deserves to see you putting the Lord first in your giving.
Your child deserves to know the Christ living in you.
Remember this from William Carey, “The future is as bright as the promises of God.”
In His Amazing Grace,
In order to access the Weekly SERMON, in various FORMATS please SUBSCRIBE to our weekly email list at https://theweeklysermon.com/subscribe-or-unsubscribe/ where SUBSCRIBERS have access to the link to Weekly Sermon Library, and ONLY SUBSCRIBERS can choose: Plain Text (TXT), Microsoft Word document (DOC), Rich Text (RTF), Web Page (HTML) or PDF (Portable Document Format), any of the format(s) you desire. After you decide on the appropriate format(s) you may then print a copy of the Weekly SERMON, save it to a file on your computer, or download it and save it to a disk for future use. SUBSCRIBERS use of this material is meant to be flexible: UNSUBSCRIBING is easy, just follow the same link above..